Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #416
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Ptc, thank you. Yes, it is great to work in a machine shop and be able to use what I need off hours. I looked at the bracket tonight and there is really no clean way to do except to use the corvette compressor. And the truck is not mine so I would be better off buying the brackets rather than making them till I would figure everything out. The only thing I don't like about the corvette set up is everything is off to the drivers side. Where as the aftermarket splits the accessories up to both sides and is more balanced. But the wheel wells will be smooth looking with the paneling in them and an indent for the compressor.

I ended out blanking out the pieces for the custom expansion tank for the radiator yesterday morning. So tonight I started to TIG weld them together. I have the top fill spout high so that I can cut it do when I get the radiator cap adapter. That will be sticking out of the wheel well front corner and built all in so it will be smooth too. I need to turn up 2 hose nipples on the lathe at work. It will be baffled in the inside like the corvette unit was. It was just another thing to do before making the wheel wells out of steel.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote