View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #1177
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stersam View Post
I have a 73 c20 with a canopy and a friend is basically giving me the parts to make it 4x4.
Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Great trip with cool pix. Like you and others have said that is amazing workmanship on the tunnel and dam both. I really enjoy the history that comes with each of your adventures. Great experience for your son as well.
Thanks!! That's the name of the game. He has developed quite the appreciation for things we see and do. Such that he will often times remark about how something we see is cool, but not being treated with the respect or vandalized etc. It really shows his true appreciation for the stuff we see as opposed to just, meh, whatever, and no connection to it whatsoever. I may have mentioned this somewhere along the way here, but a while back I asked him what his favorite trip/run/etc was. He thought about it awhile and I think it was the trip we did a couple years ago through NV, UT, ID, MT, WY, SD, CO, NM. Then I asked him what his favorite day was that he spent on the couch or playing video games etc. He couldn't think of one. My point exactly!! Hopefully he will continue to enjoy the outdoors as he gets older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
Those are some awesome pictures and that tunnel blows everything out of the water with the workmanship
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Really cool trip. That tunnel looks awesome!!!!
Thanks guys. Yeah, something so utilitarian, in the middle of nowhere but yet so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
We went to the Lake of the Ozarks last week. I saw a trail on the side of a hill and thought of you. I whipped the Excursion down it and my wife thought we were going down a hill side. It was hilarious, to me. Anyhow, the Ex needs a beefy rear sway bar to do the stuff you do. (And a front drive shaft) I had to turn around about 5 miles in it when the hill side was just gone and turned into a rock wall. No way the hi-way tank was doing that. LMAO!
Very cool!! We had a little side adventure ourselves on Saturday. We didn't want to head for the house at that point in time so we ran a trail we had run with a group a while back. Unplanned good times are often the best times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerfunken View Post
I did two elk hunts up in that area. Johnson crater is one unique place to see, and like you said, there's a lot of explanations that somehow just don't make a lot of sense when you see it.

I have followed some of those same old rail beds, but never knew about that tunnel, that's really unique.
Yeah, there is quite a bit of interesting things in that area. Funny how a very non-descript, nothing special exit off the highway holds all kinds of neat things to do/explore.