View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #167
SCOTI

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Thanks all. Larry, the seat covers were mail order AND I had them made. The local upholstery shop wanted almost 3k to redo my headliner and cover the seats. That's cutting into the big block budget! A buddy I work with suggested this outfit so I shot them an email. www.carandtruckupholstery.com Denise was the gal who took care of me and she did an awesome job. The fit and finish is good, materials are good and price was right. It was less than $700 plus shipping (which is always terrible to AK). The brand they sell makes a suburban set, and regular pickup sets of seat covers. I explained that my truck had suburban seats in the front and a regular bench in the back. They asked for pictures, said they could make them and asked what fabric I wanted. The suburban seats normally have a different velour type fabric on the back, but I wanted vinyl. No problem! I also ordered a yard of the seat bottom fabric to do my door panels and the foam backed headliner material. Great customer service and a good product. Took about 3 weeks once I pulled the trigger. I would buy from them again in a heart beat.
You plan to wrap the door panels w/the velour type fabric or the vinyl?

FWIW.... In the LMC catalog, they list the replacement consoles (the 82-91 type) as non-paintable because of the poly material (you can have any color you want.... as long as it's Black). The OE console that I got w/the burb buckets (90 model) sure feels like it's poly so no paint is going to want to stick.

I already had an earlier 73-80 style fiberglass console that I planned to use. The SEM adhered to it well. I also used the SEM on my trim pieces & door panels. No real milage yet... but it looks nice & nothing has peeled off after the install LoL. You can see it will come off under screws if removed/re-installed multiple times (but the screw head does 'hide' it).

Nice looking rig!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-06-2015 at 11:50 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote