View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #52
72Straight6

Re: Folding Bench Seat for '69 C/10 ?

Hi All,

So, I'm a new C-10 owner, and new to this forum...such a great resource! Found this thread, which is what I'm needing information on.

To recap, it looks like if I want a folding bench seat to 'bolt in' to my '72 C-10, I need a bench out of a 1967. Sounds like the best place to look is at local scrap/car yards, unless you have any other recommendations?

Aside from that, the other part of this topic that interests me is the foam versus spring question when I do the upholstery. My current bench (which has been re-upholstered) is super bouncy going over any bumps or rough road surfaces. My back is not completely shot, but I definitely get low back pain from time to time; so, I don't want my new driver to add any more back pain.

I am leaning towards having a local upholstery shop do the work. I bought this truck as my 'new' daily driver, so trying to create a comfortable ride. Installing new springs/shocks/sway bars within the next week or so with a buddy. But, also not sure how to proceed with the bench seat. Do I do a foam back? Replace springs?

Thanks for any and all help on this matter.

Cheers,

Joe