View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #12
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Where are the trucks for Hot August Nights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwright View Post
If you'd like for me to get my wife's measuring tape out and take some measurements on mine, let me know. My cab is still in primer, so no worries about scratching anything. If you want, we can work out a time this weekend, and we can chat, and I can try and set up whatever measurements you'd like. Just let me know.
Thank you Dfwright. Anything you feel like measuring is appreciated, from fender to tailgate. Word of caution, The first inch on your wife's tape measure may be inaccurate. My wife's is wrong, so I have to start at 1".

Incidentally, call it blasphemy, but it sure would be a lot easier if we had/use the metric system from inception. Metric is more accurate and makes a lot more sense. GM 10ths system is a blast. .47 = greater than 15/32". GM uses 12 inches in a foot but 10 parts for an inch? What the heck?

Beautiful truck 68.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-08-2015 at 12:42 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote