View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #20
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Where are the trucks for Hot August Nights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVBUYER View Post
SHORTBED402:
What kind of mechanic work are you needing help with? I know a gentleman that helped me with mine and does a stand-up job on anything he gets his hands on. Hes based out of Carson.
As I was saying, this is all new to me. Not that I'm incompetent, but I'd feel better having someone with experience that's conscientious to lead the assembly/reassembly, and to bounce ideas off. I'd be "the apprentice". As of right now the bed is with the body guy. So the exhaust, brake lines, shocks and leaf springs need to be removed. Possibly the drive line. I'll refinish everything and then we reassemble, less the exhaust.

Next is the cab to prepare for removal. Stripped down for paint. The steering box needs to replaced or rebuilt. Not that it needs it, but the front suspension will likely be rebuilt. The body will be off. Again I'll refinish everything. When the cab is back on the truck it's all about reassembly. Painter is shooting for June, no pun intended.

Possibly some electrical, reinstall the A/C and set-up the windshield washer. Incidentally, I've had this truck 26 years and never had a windshield washer bottle. Of course it came with, so the other day I thought to test the motor, first time in decades. Fired right up. I didn't expect that.

Whatever should be replaced will be. It's intermittent work, their speed. There's no rust and things are clean. If you know someone that would be awesome and appreciated. I'm ready, like today ready. I have a decent selection of tools, and will purchase whatever is needed, which wouldn't be much. Plenty of room. Good pay and the coffee and beer is free.............Ha!
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-08-2015 at 10:01 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote