View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #21
NVBUYER

Re: Where are the trucks for Hot August Nights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
As I was saying, this is all new to me. Not that I'm incompetent, but I'd feel better having someone with experience that's conscientious to lead the assembly/reassembly, and to bounce ideas off. I'd be "the apprentice". As of right now the bed is with the body guy. So the exhaust, brake lines, shocks and leaf springs need to be removed. Possibly the drive line. I'll refinish everything and then we reassemble, less the exhaust.

Next is the cab to prepare for removal. Stripped down for paint. The steering box needs to replaced or rebuilt. Not that it needs it, but the front suspension will likely be rebuilt. The body will be off. Again I'll refinish everything. When the cab is back on the truck it's all about reassembly. Painter is shooting for June, no pun intended.

Possibly some electrical, reinstall the A/C and set-up the windshield washer. Incidentally, I've had this truck 26 years and never had a windshield washer bottle. Of course it came with, so the other day I thought to test the motor, first time in decades. Fired right up. I didn't expect that.

Whatever should be replaced will be. It's intermittent work, their speed. There's no rust and things are clean. If you know someone that would be awesome and appreciated. I'm ready, like today ready. I have a decent selection of tools, and will purchase whatever is needed, which wouldn't be much. Plenty of room. Good pay and the coffee and beer is free.............Ha!
I totally get where you're coming from! Sometimes you just need an outside opinion and set of eyes. The guy I know is definitely a 9-5pm guy, given that this is his business but will offer you sound advice and undivided attention if you ask him something.

Hes mostly into mechanical and running gear help - so I'm not sure how much he would be willing to help with the other details left outside of this realm. But I'm sure he would help you find someone that might be able to offer some more sound advice and/or point you in the right direction.

He helped me with the engine install and start-up, as well as countless electrical issues and other bugs I had to deal with. If you're still interested in having his expertise shoot me a PM and I'll pass on his info!

Sorry to hijack this thread BTW! Back to the Hot August Nights meet up!
NVBUYER is offline   Reply With Quote