Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #1436
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Simple plans are for quitters. And LMAO at Hack. Not quite.
i think simple plans are for people with finished projects, eh Ryan?... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitg View Post
Beautiful job on the wiring Ryan!
Thank you! having cleanly routed and terminated wires is soothing for my twitchiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
I love the sway bar! I might have to make a low buck hillbilly version of that
given the cost of this thing, it had better work. but even if it happened not to work at all, the looks are maybe worth it. i dont have any weight on the back but from my initial assessments are that it will be B.A.

i would definately try to get one hooked up on your project. no matter what the method or fanciness level of the parts they are so worth it.

Been doing a lot with power cables since a bunch of that is under the bed.

uber mega terminals that have a pound of copper and tin in each crimped and soldered in place

and the goo filled shrink tube that is S.O.P.

as luck would have it, i burned the power cable on my jeep this week due to some poor planning when i did that. it is now repaired to a much higher standard than the 23 y/o version of myself installed. i dont plan on having any issues like that on this truck.

this is the 1/0 that runs to the rear bumper area. it will be the power for the winch and eventually it will there will be a jumper cable connection hiding back there as well.

also ran some 1/0 to the starter.

we remember this chaos.

i bent up a quick panel cover out of 22ga paint lock. paint lock is zinc coated similar to galvanized but the coating is very receptive to paint. basically a zinc primer.

i painted it black, of course. maybe the best paint job i have done with a rattle can on this truck yet. then, naturally a moth landed in it and proceeded to flap itself to death in my nice paint. whatever...

i ordered these cables built to order from CEAutoElectric. this is the place i have ordered all of the cable and terminals from as well as a handful of other electrical components. the nice thing about ordering from CE is that you know its the best stuff. they dont mess around. and they hold a high standard of customer service.

anyhow, the terminations need to be crimped properly and i wasnt looking to buy that crimping press so it was way easier to have Tony build them. i needed the flag terminals so i didnt have to loop the cable all silly. i can crimp the barrel style, but these are open barrel.

they get loomed too. i also adjusted the routing.

i also received a discouragingly small order of parts for how much it cost and got the fuel return line built.

the fuel lines will most likely be covered in loom to keep any rubbing to a minimum. but i like to look at it for a while as the shiny version first.

this one you can see the dead moth i left in the paint as a warning to others like him. its on the panel cover in the top left. and the VSS wires i havent terminated yet.

and finally, this thing is attached.

it needs the touch applied to the swing arm, but it finally is on the truck. ive been ignoring this for a while

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote