View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #505
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Carlisle 2015!!
Well, had a blast! Being that I have wanted to get to carlisle since I was in HS with a build, you could say this was somewhat of a dream come true. It felt really good to make that drive, meet a lot of great people and chew the fat with fellow truck owners. I learned a lot about issues I might encounter and It was cool to see what others had done with their builds.

Seemed like the truck was received well and got a lot of compliments. That was also very cool.

Now for what needs attention on the truck. I spoke to several people at the show about the kwik AC bracket I installed. I was told that I would probably have belt issues eventually. Well, with 400 miles on the truck, the serp belt is squealing and on revs, squealing more. It was suggested that Holley makes a really nice stock looking bracket that performs better. I am looking into this and will probably get it. It's not cheap, but if it works.....

Also, this was the first time I had the truck moving at sustained speeds of 60 or above and noticed i have a driveline vibration and 70 and above unless i am hard accelerating and then it goes away. If I am de-accelerating it is there as well. Below 60 and she is smooth. I have not yet tried pulling her out of gear to see if it is there, but that is next. I am not sure at this point. i am going to remove the driveshaft and clock it 180 degrees and see if that gets it. If anybody has experienced this as well i would be interested to hear your solutions.

My touch up paint arrives today as does a new ECU for my vintage air unit. It was defective so I will replace it when I have time. I am swamped with work till September so might be a while.

And lastly, I thought it was funny when I arrived at the Carlisle, I noticed more sand blasting sand made it's way to the bed floor. that stuff is just everywhere.
Lol.
Attached Images