View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #16
collect t/as

Re: Building my INDY HAULER ....

Enter hiccup #2

About 2 weeks before I dropped the truck off at the body shop I had called Phoenix Graphics up to ask if they sold the hood bird for the Indy Hauler .... the guy on the phone said no but the regular '79 silver,red, black hood bird would work .... I asked if he was sure and he said "yes" so I ordered it.

Just to make sure, and without thinking about it, I laid the blue/black hood bird for my cameo white '73 T/A on the hood of the GMC and it fit great so I never gave it another thought until ..... The body guy asked me if I could drop off the hood bird cause he was almost ready to start mocking up my 2nd improvement over the Indy Hauler truck .... A shaker hood scoop! He asked if I was sure it was going to fit and I said "Yes, cause a couple of weeks before I had dropped the GMC off with them I laid the hood bird from my '73 on it and" .... In that instant I had realized .... The earlier gen hood birds were SMALLER than the later ones!!!!! D'oh!!!

I had made a mistake that I needed to remedy quick!!

So I call Year One(At this point I'm pissed at Phoenix Graphics ... though I'm sure YO probably gets thiers from PG) and I order the earlier style hood bird in the same color scheme(which I happen to prefer the looks of anyway) and I had it at my front door PDQ!
collect t/as is offline   Reply With Quote