Thread: Axle type
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #13
Taibo
Account Suspended

Re: Axle type

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
MR Taiboo I thought this site/forum is for people sharing information to one another for HELPING some that need a little helping hand. I don't appreciate the hand slapping you just gave me. I didn't think any thing about your comment was of any taste at all ! ! ! mjgord51
mjgord51, If you go back to the two posts immediately above mine you will see the humor in my post and the reason it is there. The funny part is the confusion between a numerically LARGER number actually gives a LOWER gear ratio, hence my picture of the three most confused people in our history. SSTim, and Lefty are both correct BUT racerop gave the best answer . A simple deck height measurement identifies the carrier series very quickly. If you look at any ring gear 3.42 and numerically lower and compare it to any ring gear 3.73 and numerically higher you will immediately see why that is true. It would also make it clear that there is no single carrier that can use ring gears from either series 3 or series 4 interchangeably in a Dana differential.
Taibo is offline   Reply With Quote