View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:52 PM   #8
HellaciousA

Re: "Burrari" my first project, 70 c10 swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
Looks like the frame was cut and stuff's been swapped around. Looking back at your vin plate, the rivets don't appear to be the factory rosette(sp?) type. Are there cuts/plates welded on the frame near the rear of the cab? I believe converting from long to short bed requires cutting near there? Someone more knowledgable should chime in soon...
Do you have any photos of other VIN plates so I can compare? I looked all up and down the sides of the rails and I can't find any evidence of cutting/welding. Aside from the rails being clearanced for headers in the engine bay, the only other evidence I've found is somewhat of a jagged edge on the rear of the frame rails behind the bumper, and some metal tabs that had been welded on the rear of the frame.

After decoding the VIN on the frame, it's a 67 frame built in Fremont, CA.

The more I look at it, the more I think swapping in the rear rail kit from No Limit is the way to go, and putting in the wide ride IFS in the front. The bed floor is shot and full of pin holes from self tappers that its not worth saving. Someone also notched out the bed crossmembers for the crappy gas tank that was installed.

I picked up a cherry picker from harbor freight, and I got the bed unbolted and wiring disconnected. It's ready to come off, just need some help removing it. Then I can get a closer look at the rear rails and decide what's best to do. As much as I would like to drop 10k on aftermarket frame, it's not financially possible.

Last edited by HellaciousA; 08-23-2015 at 09:02 PM.
HellaciousA is offline   Reply With Quote