View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #13
Softpatch

Re: So how much do you actually drive yours??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
That does become a problem startetman99 one reason I seldom took my truck to those down town put on by the local merchants shows.

Truthfully I had more trouble with my dad wanting to put his cowboy boots on my running boards in a one foot on the running board pose if you will when I had the truck painted red with matching running boards. When I went to the store I parked further out and walked further and usually parked so a post was in front of the truck so someone couldn't bump the grill. My son backed into the grill on his way to work one morning after he had towed me home the night before because the truck quit and he didn't look behind him when he backed up. That was after 20 years of guarding that grill with my life.

This time the truck is coming out as a full custom intended to take to indoor and outdoor shows and be driven long and far across the country and I'll just take the same precautions I did before and if it gets a door ding or rock chip it will be earned.
This why we can't have nice things.!
My father always wanted to lean/sit on mine with Rivet jeans

I once owned a car the paint was so deep you could not see the bottom kept in in the garage under cover....
only came out to be washed and waxed....

Then one day I was driving down I-5 kicked up a part of a tail pipe off someones beater I got sick over that car had to sell it I sold it and found out the next owner parked it outside in the weather...Uargh...
I do not own cars like that one trying to keep a nice car and drive it is a real struggle
SORRY: back on topic
I'm trying to get my truck roadworthy but life gets in the way
I will drive them daily
It's not a really nice truck ...
But it's my truck and I'm ok if it gets some ding and nicks...
I wont be happy about it but I wont get sick over it .....Sp
yes Two trucks....
some day three truck
(first car was a 54 GMC hydromatic)
some were in the back of my mind I want to be tortured again by a 235 backed hydro

1966 C-20 .....Swap 91 G-30(5.7 FI)/4L80E
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=789617
59 Viking Revival .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632341
Softpatch is offline   Reply With Quote