Thread: Project: Shiro
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #1036
Coursey

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_ustacould View Post
Here is today's response from the fleabay wheeler and dealer...

“I don't want to offend you, but when custom builds are done/started and not completed normally people end up getting half or less then what they have in parts/labor. So if you are willing to except an offer in that area? I know the truck is nice, but there is 30000 to finish at least to keep it the way you have started the project.”

And my response...

“It is offensive. These parts haven't been degraded they have been enhanced. The wait for the Porterbuilt suspension parts is 10 to 12 weeks but I'm offering a completed chassis available for delivery today. There is a ton of time in putting this chassis together and I busted MY knuckles along the way. Instead of capitalizing on a what is already a killer deal you are looking to steal it. If you don't see the benefit in the cost and labor savings I can't help you. If you are not interested in paying the price I quoted we won't do business and that suits me just fine. Normally I would wish you luck in your search, but I can't do that, because if you find a deal to your liking then some hard working truck enthusiast is being taken advantage of and that would be a shame. – Buck”

Well said!

I ran into this a lot with selling the Biscayne. I couldn't help but laugh in a guys face and walk off one time when the offer was a third of my asking price. Had another guy waste my whole day looking at the car, driving it, etc. Then he said well i think i want a Camaro! I nicely told him to go find one and leave! Tire Kickers!!
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote