View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #1322
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacQuigley View Post
Working from the end back Grizz. May take some time what with 51 pages - so far:-)
Thanks mate.

Shout if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
and Welcome aboard…
Well worth the time to read… Rian has a very entertaining thread...
Thanks Din, much appreciated.

As this is from the tip, recycling tip that is, but it did cost me six pairs of rubberised gloves and a fiver for the wheelbarrow load of stuff excluding the Jerry can, which was going to be turned into a small booze cabinet. But I tossed it back.

I went to my friendly local tip this morning to see if I could buy a Cole of 2 ton pallet trucks to sell on at a bit of a profit....... Ooooooopsss, the guy who makes the decisions was not there.

So I managed to spend two hours chatting to the guys in the yard and collect some bits I thought were worth having.

In fact a wheelbarrow load of ****e.

In the end, I left the Jerry can that was going to be a mini bar, behind.

Came home and sorted it all out

The wood clamps will be handy when I make up the bed wood strips, joining two,strips at a time.

The electrical,fuse boxes are part of a future project that Nicola will hopefully like.

The little bottle jack up front will be incorporated into a small bearing press I want to build from bits I have around.

After cleaning, one German made 5 liters pump up pressure sprayer that will work for applying Gunk Degreaser under the cab and chassis as well as Roundup weed killer to the driveway.

Something a bit retro.... Gas heater. May well be for sale.

In my job lot of trash there was a 750 watt, 3000rpm bench grinder, Made in Holland.

It is to be an ally and stainless steel polisher....... I am going to look for 15 mm inner diameter spindles for it to get the total width down

In the pile of bits you may have noticed two,chainsaw motors too......l

They have little 35cc Pistons. Which are time consuming to remove, but possibly worth the time.

Perfect for a key ring for the garage keys, in case they go missing.

Lastly, Nicola went to see her dad this afternoon, he lives only 3 miles from us, so we pop in regularly, and he often pops in for a cuppa tea and to release Ruby, his retired Greyhound who loves to stretch her legs in the back yard.

Today he had bought me a very cool high end metal poster for my garage.

I love it.

So that is the lot for today.

Tomorrow it is Bootfair, but I suspect it will be rained out.

So time to get up close and personal with the truck, to use the new pressure sprayer.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote