View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #270
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I got the belt kit from Rock Auto with the belt tensioner, idle pulley and belt today. I installed the tensioner and idler pulley. I am not sure if it's installed in the right direction, which if it's not means I have the wrong part.

I can't compare it to the old one, because the old one came apart into 5 pieces, and when I installed it, it went in whatever direction I wanted since I could move the back piece around (it's supposed to be a sealed unit).

I suppose once I find the right bolts for the water pump pulley and can install the pulley and the belt, I will figure out if it is setup properly.

UPDATE: After googling 1990 Chevy truck serpentine belt (after writing this post), I saw many photos of the serpentine systems with the tensioner in the same position. So I assume it's correct. I will have to try and get it completed by this weekend.

With the exception of the idler pulley, you can see the condition of the old part I got.

I have to search through pics on Google, and on this forum to see if any belt tensioners are installed the way the new one fits.

Is there anything wrong with this picture?

This is how the old one fit, but again I could have moved it in any direction I wanted.

If anyone is familiar with the serpentine setup - it came of an early 90's Chevy truck - please let me know if it's okay like this.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964

Last edited by DD1; 08-29-2015 at 09:54 PM.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote