View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #685
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
glad to hear about your wife. as for tank.... I'd find a location where you can access it the best you can. If that is your only option right there. I'd opt for two tanks. One 5 gallon tank (actually less than 5gallon even though they say 5g) would air you up maybe twice before comps kick on, just my guess. I'v been having to air up and down while driving here in PA cause the roads suck. So my 5 gal tank isn't the best or worst. My two 450 viaairs take about 5 min to fill from zero.
Thanks 99! This location "seems" good though is pretty tight. And it is a no go once the middle running board bracket is installed. It will be difficult to connect the lines as well. I had one compressor and a 5 gallon tank on the truck...took to long too air up and raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Doug, glad Cindy is doing so well. Wish I could help, but no nothing about air systems...Jim
Thanks Jim! Prayers being answered! Jim, I know very little. I do know the next build will be on springs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sub View Post
I'm glad things are looking better with your wife's medical situation. For the tank installation I'd opt for one tank, less complicated and you don't have to buy two more tanks. Does the tank in the picture tuck up higher? Otherwise it might be a low point.
Appreciate that 65sub! I prefer the one tank approach too. The tank will tuck up more if I change the mounting bracket and move the running board bracket. Thinking I will find another solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looks like the running board will be 3-4 inches lower than the tank in the position its in, so low point may be a relative term

I wouldnt move the running board bracket but I only say that because its just extra work. is there room inboard? where are you putting your gas tank? on my 65 the gas tank was inboard on the left and I could have put a couple air tanks on the right.

I also agree with 99tolife, that a smallish tank will have faster recovery but you will run out of air on about every lift. have you picked compressors? I would consider an engine driven compressor over electric, and with a small tank recovery time is seconds, not minutes. if you are planning on a 5-6 gal tank, get an EDC I guess is the point I am making.

prayers for your wife! I would be lost without mine, so heres to you
Thanks Joedoh...she is the center of my universe since 1978. Glad she figured I was a keeper!

Inboard of the frame will get really tight. There is less ...or seems less...height space than on the truck. There might be room if I noodle on it more. I have three electric compressors already. They sent me one too many and I've tried to send it back. Anyway, the 5 gallon tank should be filled OK with the two compressors.

The gas tank will be at the rear (I think) between the frame rails. I could mount the tank and compressors inboard on left side and possibly run exhaust pipes on the right side. Not wild about that option though.

Thanks for the input and ideas guys. Lot's of smart creative people here and I appreciate your help...I need all I can get!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote