View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:03 PM   #271
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Getting there a little bit every day. I hate installing power steering pulleys, or maybe I should say I hate using HF's pulley installer set. I bought it because I can't justify spending a lot of money on a tool I will use once. Of course, this is the 3rd time I have removed or installed a pulley in the past year. Gotta stop changing my mind about what I am doing (No A/C, with A/C, Serpentine Belt)!

So, I have almost gotten the pulley installed; there's like a fraction of an inch left. I had to walk away from it because it was pissing me off. Hopefully I can get it in tomorrow. You can see how close I am in the pic.

I did actually accomplish something completely this weekend - I installed this support rod. Thankful for being able to Google and view pictures of other people's engines, as I was not sure where it went.

There is a support bracket that went from the back of the AC/Tensioner bracket to the engine that I saw in several pictures online. I did not get one with the set I bought and assumed it was missing. I found one at a good price on Ebay and when I tried to install it, found it to be a bit too short. I'll have to either get a spacer or not use it.

I don't know if I need the support bracket. The seller accepts returns. I'll have to do some research and see if I absolutely need it.

Here's the updated view of the engine as it stands now:

My goal is to get the serpentine setup done before the weekend, then get the radiator installed at least temporarily over the weekend, then wire up the engine so I can start it. Let's see what happens!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote