View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

New Exhaust setup on my '66

I'm now running Hedmann Hustler LS headers in the 66. It was time to fab up a new exhaust, and the choice was a dual 2.5" system with an Hpipe and some new "mufflers". I got some mandrel bends from Columbia Mandrel Bends, some T's and Dynomax Race Bullets from Summit, and a few misc pieces and clamps from the bin and parts store.

Used a jig I made so I could split 180*s in half for S-bends on the chop saw with a diamond wheel. Then started from the collector and worked my way back measuring and laying out each bend. I wanted a symetrical setup which was annoying because the headers have slightly different outputs.

Once we got to the h-pipe I made a few mental decisions on where I wanted to weld vs clamp for ease of assembly and access, then tac'd up those areas, and clamped the others. After that, we hung the mufflers on the existing hangers from my old setup, then build the pipes to mate them up to the H-pipe.

Happy with fit up, we dropped the whole thing and finish welded it. After cooling, we measured corners and widths for square. Our total amount off of square was barely 1/4" (industry standard is .60 compared to my ~.25)
The actual dump/tip needs to be made still, as its a bit of a strange egress to my side-exit holes, and we are debating 2-3 different styles of tip and exit...but haven't settled on one yet.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD

Last edited by BR3W CITY; 09-01-2015 at 01:32 PM.
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote