Thread: Moser 12 bolt
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
CarterD2015

Moser 12 bolt

Just got my new moser 12 bolt 3.73 posi unit in. It is a bolt in unit complete with wilwood disks, e brake and all. I bought it for my 72 c-10 Cheyenne super. I made the mistake of ordering it online and there was not an option to choose between 5 or 6 lugs. Their online order form ask for the specific year of the truck. I also choose 70-72 c-10 lowered from a list of applications. Along with that I chose the 1/2 in wheel studs over the 7/16.

It looked great when I knocked the top of the crate off. Then #?*! It is 6 lug. I call the company and immediately get in touch with a sales/customer service rep. I explain that the axles should be 5 lug because in 72 1/2 ton Chevys were a standard 5 lug. He said that isn't right because 4x4's were 6 lug. I said maybe but I bought an axle for a c-10 and not a k-10. I then explained to him the meaning of the c and k designations. He then said that I am incorrect. I am fuming by this point and tell him that I am not going to argue and that he should send out the new axles. He agrees and I now have a new set on the way.

I guess the moral of the story is that computers are great but nothing beats a phone call when ordering new parts for these ole girls.
Attached Images

37 ford coupe
68 short narrow
72 short wide
CarterD2015 is offline   Reply With Quote