View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
kipps

Re: 1987 clutch and flywheel sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Do you have stock K10 suspension? Any issues with fitting the 33-12.5 tires, do they rub in the front? I would like to get 33's next or 35 but most are 12.5 and I'll need wider rims too and fear them rubbing. BTW, I don't want to tell you all that Ive done to this truck.
I'm nearly certain that my truck has no suspension or body mount mods. It is a 3/4 ton truck, but I doubt that makes any difference in clearance. The 33x12.5's don't rub at all, and I'd venture a guess that 35's would clear without modifications. Don't take my word for it, though.

I have 16.5 x 9.75 rims on my truck, and the two new tires I bought a year ago cost $250 apiece. I'm considering buying several new 16 x 10 rims before buying any more new tires, since the difference in price between 16.5" tires and 16" tires is nearly the same as the cost of new rims. I wouldn't be money ahead now, but since I plan to keep the truck for quite awhile, I'd significantly benefit on the next set of tires.

The rims I'm drooling over are Wheel Vintiques Series 82 rims(google that). With a rattle-can coat of primer gray on them, they'd fit right in with the redneck theme. I'd much rather find cheap used rims in the same size and style, but I haven't had any luck so far.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote