View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #75
t-tung

Haven't posted in a while so figured I'd give a little update. I've got the motor and trans in for HOPEFULLY the last time. Had to notch the frame on the passenger side to give the header a little extra room for when the motor torques. Cleaned up the firewall too before I put everything back in. It's amazing what a little CLR and elbow grease will do. Sprayed a clear enamel over it.

I hacked up a C4 tranny pan to cover up the unsightly hole in the firewall where the battery tray heater blower motor was. Cut a 2" hole in it, ran the PSI harness through it into the engine bay and wired up the engine. It seriously only took 20 minutes to wire the whole engine bay. I was blown away at how easy it was and how well the harness was laid out. I'd definitely recommend them for anyone looking to swap an LS motor in their ride.

I've run the fuel line from the motor to the filter and pump under the cab. Just waiting on some fittings and hose to run it from the pup to the fuel cell in the bed and run the return line along side it from the motor to the tank.

Moving inside, I'm wiring up everything under the dash. I've got the ignition harness figured out, but I'm stuck on the wiper/cruise/blinker harness. None of the diagrams or color charts have been any help at all. I tried hooking up power to the red wire and checking each wire with a test light for power while going through all of the functions with no luck. I know none of them will work without keyed power on but I'm not getting any to go hot with any switch functions. I've gotta be missing something or going about it all wrong. This is what I've got. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm pulling all my hair out.

Also working on wiring and mounting the dual brake switch from PSI. Mounting is proving to be a b-i-otch. There's gotta be an easy way to do it.
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote