View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #503
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
Looks good! I got tired of waiting for the pads to wear the coating that Wilwood puts on their rotors. So I took the wheels off, put a scotch brite rolock disc on a die grinder, and took it off
Once you get on the road, I'd like to know if you seem to get a LOT of brake dust from the Wilwood pads. I'm getting quite a bit.
I'll report back... had a small step back this morning... I'll explain below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by original-71 View Post
you can leave it alone the pads will scrape it off no worries just did mine on my 87 came right off after a couple stops, your brakes look great by the way
Thanks Hector, that's good to know. I guess I'll just leave it then.

So last night I got the gear oil in the rearend and bench bled the master cylinder. I put it on the truck and hooked up the lines, but since it was pitch black outside and no helper, I cleaned up and called it a night.

This morning when I was about to leave for work, I noticed a big puddle under the front of the truck, concentrated in the middle, but also the passenger side of the cross member. I had to have forgotten to tighten one of the brake line fittings, or I have a bad flare because it was brake fluid. Thankfully I didn't bleed the whole system or completely fill the MC, so it wasn't a ton of fluid, but it looked like about 8 ounces... still a large amount. I guess I'll be tightening all of my fittings this evening.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote