View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #449
NorCalAnthony

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
I got mine from Amazon, they are about $100 a piece from there. No core charge and they are AC-Delco. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere. They are cast though just painted I guess. I thought they were supposed to be aluminum as well. No clue. I am thinking the aluminum were for the "special edition" H3 which isn't what we are supposed to use. I am not 100% sure though.

Thorpart only sells them now with the abs block welded on. If adding ABS wasn't such a pain in the ass, I would definitely do it. Considering I have all the wiring to control it, but plumbing in that ABS block from one of my donors would be way to much work right now. Maybe later I will come back and add it after I have the newer style rear as well.
That's not too bad at all since my used ones ran me $90 with 30k miles on them. You wouldn't happen to know what size bolts came with your caliper brackets do you? ThorParts forgot to send them with my brackets...

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to ad the ABS system that just sounds like a whole new level of complicated. I was just curious since you've successfully transferred everything else from the newer truck lol.
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote