View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #57
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Quick update today. A little here, a little there...

So I wasn't expecting to do much this weekend as it was the 2nd week of college football (Way to step up in the clutch ISU...) and the 1st week of NFL. That and figuring out where all the fires are popping up here in CA!

I ended up get the mounts welded up Friday night and Saturday, even though i had to switch to flux midway because i ran out of gas.

Went w/ Paul Horton's mounts and WAY more material then I need due to the width of the frame but better too much than too little.

Spent most of Sunday trimming the mounts then measuring, then trimming then measuring..."Wait now its off more!" more measuring and a little trimming until I was satisfied and welded them in.

And yes i had the transmission attached too so i new if i was too high too low etc. Everything looks good. Going to have to 'massage' a little transmission hump for the shifter but no big deal.

As you can see from the pics the first one is mounted, the second is to see how the steering would line up, thanks to some left over 3/4" copper tubing and the third is to show clearance to the back. You can see the billet adapters that i'm going to put the SBC valve covers on.

I think i need to "meld" and trick the transmission and motor to like each other. That's the next system to check off.

Stay Tuned...
Attached Images