View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #9
Kw69

Re: New guy with a 69 C10 but engine block question....

Ok yep got it about the blue and being rebuilt. I am not home so can't check the date yet. Was unsure of the HP cause the distributor number matched the part number that was used on the 300hp engine. I have an old shop book for that truck and that's how I obtained that info. So it could be original... I did call the previous Owner back and it swears it was.. He is the second owner so the first one I believe past away years ago. Anyway I looked at the resale value on these and they seem pretty good. My intentions are to just keep it since I really enjoy it. Another question I have is concerning the front disc brake conversion. Who has the best prices and would u keep the 6 lug or go to the 5 lug... Problem is u go to change the back as well to a 5 lug and I am not sure what that all includes just yet. Btw I am pretty handy on working on mechanical things and have worked on cars all my life thus far. So replacing or rebuilding is not that much complicated for me. What's ur thoughts on the brake conversion and who has the best price? Oh I don't have power breaks so a booster is needed. I will post pics later this week just go to figure out how.... Thanks guys I really appreciate al the help thus far.
Kris
Posted via Mobile Device
Kw69 is offline   Reply With Quote