View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:08 AM   #83
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Re: 1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I recall PB was planning to make a new C30 based DM that was more like the 'Touring' style C10 units where things weren't raised as much thus not requiring steering rack notches.

How much did you trim of your rails? My x-member is raised 1.5" & my CC plants the rails on the ground w/the lower a-arm pivot points just over 1" off the ground (3" spindle, bags, PB lower arms, & 29" tall front tire). I would think w/the DM you would gain 1.5" more than me in clearance (1.5 more than my notched 1.5" OE set-up) + my 1" of clearance laid out.
They normally only sell the 'touring' style C30 member, this one was special ordered as an original 'extreme'/level 3 dropmember in order to allow me to lay pinch or body with the SFBD. I would have to measure the actual piece that came out but the tube that went in was 4" x 3" and tucked under the 'C' and the remainder was lopped off so somewhere between 3-4 inches.

PB confirmed that I do indeed have the extreme as intended so I should have the notches shortly or at least a measurement for typical placement. If I have to mock up everything and do my own notches I absolutely can.

I'm splitting my time between prepping a desert race truck with a friend and a few of my own jeeps so its slow going till the last race of the season next month. Should be nice and cool by then as well which will help work getting done.