Thread: Bent Shackle?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
Frank_Zappa

Re: Bent Shackle?

Thanks special-K, and you know what, that makes perfect sense, for one because I took the truck to a alignment shop (that I thought was a good one) and the guy said that the steering wheel was clocked like 150 degrees off and he re-positioned it so that it was centered correctly. But now that I have read your post I realized that the steering being tighter right than left only happened AFTER I left the alignment shop. So it was the the technician who did it thinking that he was fixing the badly clocked steering wheel and but ignoring or not knowing that the draglink needed to be disconnected and then extended to fit after the wheels were centered lock to lock.
I am going to print this out and go back and ask them to center the steering wheel correctly. He even took it for a test drive and said Yep all good.

The truck has what I think are 96,000 original miles so it would be high time to do the bushings then. Thanks again and I had forgotten that those wheels were called Jackmans back in the day. Very cool.
Frank_Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote