View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #365
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

I guess that it is time for an update...

I was able to get a couple of things further checked off of the list. It ended up with new shoes a couple of weeks ago, went with the BFG Mud Terrain KM/2's all around. After contemplating for a while about it, I ended up staying with the 315/75r16 instead of moving up to the 345/75r16. I've had good luck with that tire size and really didn't want to risk any chance of scrubbing the front fenders under flex. I've got about 150 miles on these so far, and the tire noise isn't discernible above the engine noise, so I call that a win.

Last weekend I was able to take it out for a little bit of 4x4 action, but my wife and I were having so much fun playing around we forgot to take pictures. Sorry, but hopefully I'll be able to get some this weekend.

The other big news was that the driver's wind wing came in on Tuesday, so I was able to get that in, and the last of the interior in place.

And a few interior shots. Still frustrated that I've got paint drips on the steering wheel from the painters, but I'll get those out this weekend and straighten up the wheel so it sits properly.

I've got a couple of loose ends that I'll be tying up over the next couple of weeks, waiting for a couple of smaller parts that I ordered this week to come in. You know, little things, a couple of missing bolts from the inner fender well, can't find a couple of the screws for mounting the wind-wing, still need to get the passenger mirror mounted... but it's a driver.

I did drive it to work yesterday.. 80 miles round trip, mostly freeway driving, and it did great. No odd noises, no driveline vibrations, no wheel bounce.. it's a very easy truck to drive right now, and I really love it.

See you on the roads & trails...

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote