View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #310
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

There are many, many different brake boosters that will work with my booster brackets. The B body (Impala, Caprice, etc.) boosters are one of those. If you plan to one day convert to front disc brakes, I would use a booster with the short intermediate pushrod and the '70 Buick Estate wagon master or one like it, designed for drum/drum brakes. I do not know if the '70 Impala master cylinder is for drums/drums or if it has just a dimple in the back of the piston for the short intermediate pushrod.

If you plan to keep your drum brakes all around, then the '67-'70 truck booster and master combination would be my recommendation.

You do not have to use the exact master cylinder that came on a given booster. You just need to use the same style that the booster is designed for. Specifically the short or long intermediate pushrod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckeroy View Post
I just bought another 64 short bed and planning on putting on power brakes. Captainfab, I know you have probably answered this question many times before, but I couldn't find the answer on here. You say a booster for a 1970 Impala and a mc for a 1970 Buick station wagon will work to convert to drum power brakes. Will the mc for the 1970 Impala work since it is a match for the booster? I think that mc is much cheaper than the Buick. I saw on O'reilly's website that a booster/master cyl combo was $106 for the 1970 Chevy.Thanks.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote