View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
HellaciousA

Re: "Burrari" my first project, 70 c10 swb

Progress has been a bit slow, but still making some though. Got all the old nasty fuel lines out and the dented up fuel tank removed.

For some reason none of the cab to frame bolts are tight and I can wiggle the bushings/bolts all over the place. PO must have really loved self tappers as they are literally everywhere, and not one piece of sheet metal doesn't have holes from where they were. A few years from now I'll deal with painting it and fixing all that. For now I just want to get it driving in the next year.

So next steps will be getting it into my garage so I can get the rear end off, level the rear frame and start buying the parts I need for the No Limit rear rail kit. I'm sticking with the stock trailing arm setup, so I'll be using No Limit's shock relocation kit and their panhard rod. Does anyone know if it's worth it to upgrade the trailing arms to the tubular style CPP has or one of the boxed ones? The stock ones I have are bent and in bad shape.

I guess now would be the time to also clean up the rear diff, find out what axles, posi (if there is even one) and rear ratio. I'd like to convert it to rear disc, and I'm also going to have to buy a whole new parking brake setup from the front to rear as it's missing a bunch of stuff.
HellaciousA is offline   Reply With Quote