View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #25
5Tractorguy

Re: 1964 GMC 4X4 Longbed

More progress!

All the bracing is back together on the bottom of the cab. I also made a frame for it to sit on so we can move it around and flip it.

Now that it's back into position the roof has been pulled along with the firewall. I spent the past two weeks concentrating on the front where the firewall goes. Did a lot of patch work around the vent bucket holes and made a new top lip where it spot welds together. Got that all ground smooth after work today, still have to knock some of the metal flat in that area.

Next I'll be fixing the firewall from the Chevy donor cab. I need to weld new bottoms to each side where it attaches to the floor and cut out for the 4WD hump.

Then onto the roof. All the bracing on top of the door posts has to be done, the top door jamb on the passenger side (taking off Chevy cab), and the front windshield-to-roof lip, that piece I ordered new.

Let me tell ya, you southern/west coast guys on here who complain about cab rust and rot have a cake walk compared to what this cab has been!! Nothing like some good 'ol northern road salt....

Name:  DSCN4080.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  69.4 KB Name:  DSCN4082.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  DSCN4084.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  77.3 KB Name:  DSCN4088.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  DSCN4089.jpg
Views: 655