View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #480
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

We had to make a trip outta town today, but when we returned the box from Hydratech was sitting on the front porch. After weeks of delays and excuses I may now be able to move forward. I took some preliminary measurements after removing it from the carton and it should now bolt up correctly. A couple of weeks ago they complained about having to alter the pushrod that activates the m/c, so to remove that from the whine list, I went ahead and purchased one from them. That way if it didn't fit, it would be 100% on them.

For those keeping track, I ordered this unit on July 8th. It took two and a half months to finally get something that will at least bolt to the firewall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will actually work. Last Tuesday when I called, I probably burned the last bridge between me and them, so if it doesn't work, I've pissed away over $1000. Their stuff may be jam up, but their business model sucks. When we lived in TX, they had a saying... "Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining." That about sums up my experience. YMMV

Anyway, I will try to get back on track and post some progress reports. The front steering rebuild is done, the new alternator is on, the valve covers are 95% done with only the counterbores for the eyeglass screws left to do and as soon as the brake unit is in and plumbed, I can get it back to NKC Brake for the alignment. Hope to have it done before the snow flies.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote