View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #360
Purcell69

Re: 1947 S10 4x4 Blazer swap

I just stumbled across your thread and started reading it yesterday. That is a great build you completed (both actually)! I had to chuckle when you mentioned reusing the motor mounts, only because I did the same thing. Unlike you, I can't begin to imagine the time/$ I have in my build, since it has morphed over twenty years.

I bought my '57 project when we still lived in AZ for $1500 with a good title, no motor or transmission, uncut frame. This was around 1995. Since then, we moved to OK where I converted the straight axle to disc brakes and added power steering. I didn't like the way it drove due to some hellish bump-steer. After that, I cut the stock frame and added a Camaro clip. Even with 2" spacers between the frame and subframe, My nose was in the weeds, which was not what I wanted. I finally got to where I am now, on a 1994 Dodge 4x4 frame.

I like the idea that you didn't do what everyone else was doing, and converted a 4x4 Blazer to 2wd to suit your needs. I'd toyed with the idea of using my Chevrolet drivetrain in my build, but opted to use the Dodge drivetain instead, because it would be different than all the SBC stuff out there and I all ready had all of the needed parts from my donor truck. Like your build, I'm not looking to be car show material, just something I can enjoy driving.

Any plans for another build?

-Joe