View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #16
C10Wizard

Re: 72 GMC Short Step Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z10 View Post
Custom Aluminum Fan Shroud and OEM Electric Fans

Car Boss has been busy this week. I purchased a two row aluminum radiator a couple of months ago and had intended to use a traditional fan/clutch set up. But once again we made a turn and decided to go with electric fans. Buying an off the shelf solution, just wasn't in the cards, so Car Boss, Double E, and I went shopping at our local car salvage yard. Our goal has been to use as many factory replacement parts as possible to aid in future parts availability from auto parts stores. So we picked up a couple of electric fans from a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am.

That's where Car Boss comes in. I sometimes think he would rather fabricate than eat. So enjoy the pics of a custom fan set up, made from scratch.

Give him a hand!!

Now Double E, will work his electrical magic with his computer.

You're the luckiest guy I know! To have a boss who does such clean and great fabrications for you is awesome. I wish I had a guy w that sort of expertise and experience much less think out side the box when improving a part or two. I don't!!! But glad to see someone else does and I can pick up some tips here and there w all the photos members post. Thanks for the post!
Shawn
C10Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote