View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #15
cooperhw

Re: Herb... The 69 Chevy C30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicksty8 View Post
Yeah I love how simple everything is. Just a bit of electrical knowledge can get you quite far with these trucks. Unfortunately I test drove my truck the other day and noticed I've got a problem with my "fix". When I press the breaks my brake lights go along with my park lights and marker lights. Gonna have to figure this one out

Oh yeah. To be honest with you I probably wouldn't have bought the truck if it had a hole as big as yours. I don't quite have the skills yet to pull off a surgery like what you had to do. I know the frame shortening isn't that hard to do but I'm not sure if my welding skills are good enough yet to tackle welding a 1/4" frame rail. We'll see I'm going to have a long Winnipeg winter to better my fab skills.
As to welding skills you could just fab it up, tack it in place with heavy tacks, and have a mobile welder come weld the snot out of it. I have done that on a couple jobs I didn't feel comfortable with. My guy charges $100 an hour with a 2.5 hour minimum. $250 for a superior welding job was cheap in my opinion.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote