View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #13
jeffahart

Re: '60-'62 front axle vs later years--interchange?

OK, I see; since that year has narrow frame you may need to match the hangers to the perches not vice versa(on later model axle). But, I noticed one post above said his later axle was a bolt in. I can see you have the ability to do this if it can be done. And I think if you can do it you should scrape the extra $250 and do it.

"Axle claustrophobia"..... yes that's right!

Let me pose this, to ruminate on.

Go to the Dynatrac site, look at the prorock60 or 44. Nice right. Let's agree you want one. But let's also agree that it's overkill. Not necessary for your build. But what is necessary? I'll tell you, and that's the room to grow and upgrade. When you look at the Dynatrac you say nice, but too expensive and not needed. What do you think when you analyze the old drum closed knuckle? See, you probably feel you may be boxing your self into a corner a bit. Two years form now you may be feeling like you should have upgraded the first time you had your hands on it! Ya, you don't need the upgrade... but you actually do, you will be driving it every day. And since you posted the question it bears weight!