View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

I sold the 454ss rims/tires(and made a small profit for once). I heard back from the Wheel Vintiques finally. They did not do a custom backspace run in January or February for some reason (maybe not enough orders ?), so they started on them last week. They should be done, and in Calgary in roughly 2 weeks. This time I wanted to get drag radials. I ended up with 28x11.5 et street radials for the rear, and 235/70/15 bfg's for the front....basically the same dimensions as before. Now that those ducks were in a row, I started ripping into the rear end of the truck. The exhaust and rear end are out of the truck prepping for the axle flip. I built plates, and got some new perches for it, and I will be mocking it up in the next couple of nights to set pinion angle, and weld her up. I also ordered Earls/Russel fittings for the tank so I can get the fuel system happening. I'm want to sump the tank, and run the fuel supply to the Holley blue pump mounted just behind the tank, then 3/8 stainless line (no return) up to the regulator (possibly mounted on the passenger side inner fender), then braided flex to the feed lines for the 750dp. I also ordered my drop spindles so now the truck is committed to going 4/6 drop.
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote