View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #16
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

At this point I called to check on my wheels again, since it had been a few weeks since they were supposedly started; Wouldn't you know, Wheel Vintiques had nothing. We had a discussion on how I was able to pay for wheels (not that its a bunch of money really) that they didn't have parts to build, and wait for 4 months for that update. Among many things, they also had a machine break down, and all the custom backspace work had not even been started. I was made more promises that I was content with (since the truck wasn't ready for wheels yet anyways), and was told another 4-5 weeks guaranteed.

As far as truck updates, the donor truck is stripped now, and I also decided to cut the truck in half, and save the box to make a trailer for hauling garbage etc. Im sure the neighbors love it, as last night I rolled the box and cab halves out seperatly and stacked them sideways on the driveway haha.

The scrap guy is going to pick up the cab, and a bunch of other steel I have accumulated, so the yard will be nice and clean again. I also pulled the 700r4 out last night to install the flywheel for the nv3500. I have to cut the shifter, and clutch master holes yet, then install the clutch pedal, and tranny...but Whoohoo for progress. I can't wait to bang gears!
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote