View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #18
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

Things starting to come together big time. House stuff kept me occupied for a month or so, and the truck was getting lonely. So after the rear end going in and out countless times, I finalized the shock mount locations, installed the front portion of the bridge/crossmember, and made perches to mount the sway bar (which ended up being pretty much identical to how it was mounted on the ford as far as diff orientation). I also made new perches for the axle, nailed down the pinion angle, and burned them in for good. Here are some pics of how its shaping up. Don't mind the junk on the back...i was adding weight to play around with things. The fuel tank is also mounted for good,

I also got some things finished up on some of the other projects. I ended up completely stripping the truck of its wiring, and going with the 98's donor wiring. There was a few odd differences, and I didn't want 2 harnesses cobbled together. The clutch master is installed, tranny is installed (which I’m happy to report a butt load of header clearance) and the interior is starting to go in as well, starting with the dash. I pulled the power door stuff from the donor, so now the truck will be full load with leather. I just have to pick and pull some odd grey pieces make up for a few things that I'm missing. Instead of using the grey center console from the donor, I’d like to find a 2nd row console from an nbs Tahoe or something so it doesn't interfere with the shifter.

Fan and Fuel pump switches
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote