View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #25
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

The d.s is back from the shop, and it worked out perfectly. By this point I was getting pretty itchy about starting this thing. Its been a long time since I assembled the engine. I wired up the clutch safety nuetral switch, and re-wired the start relay. This was a mess in itself. I had power to the truck, but no crank. I thought that maybe it was held up by security, and chased that down for a while. After breaking out the meter, I realized I got a little chop happy when the harness went on a diet. I found that I had cut the start signal wire to the relay, so it wouldn't crank...I added in the stock clutch switch, and signal, and away it went. At this point the fuel pump isn't properly wired yet, and my fuel pressure gauge wasn't working. It is just switched right now to test for leaks,etc so it pushed passed the floats once or twice, but I was very happy to hear it fire. I picked up a e-fan wiring kit for the flex-a-lite with a thermostatic switch, so I will be working on finalizing those things, and getting it to move around on its own power again. Whoohoo!

(click for video)

(click for video)

Sorry for the sub par sound quality, and the messy garage, and my awesome video skills...or lack there of.
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote