View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #30
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

I made a trip to pick n pull and grabbed a bunch of interior stuff. I now have all the correct grey parts, and the interior is complete. I even found a nbs with a 5 speed, so I grabbed the clutch and brake pedal rubber covers, shifter, and boot also, so that looks way better now. I also found a local guy selling a bunch of new roll pans, and picked up one for the truck. Its made by precision grills, and although its not perfect, it wont take much to make it fit nice...plus it was only 75 bucks which was nice.

Also just before the video was made i was having trouble with the right signals, and brakes lights blowing fuses. After going through the dash, and making sure I didn't pinch, or cut, or cross something, I ended up trouble shooting the front and rear harness's. Sort of backwards, but I thought since I had my hands in the dash, that it was the best place to start. The culprit is somewhere in the tail light harness between the firewall plug, and the rear tail light harness plug section. The truck is back up on jack stands, to yank it out, and have a look. While its up there I'm going to finish detailing the frame under the cab, and re-attach the e-brake cable.
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote