View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
87Skier

Re: What brake setups do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
i have a2wd disk drum set up but my master cyl, does not look like yours. I only have 1 retainer clip and the front resevoir is bigger than the rear. is that a trailer brake addition on there that is snipped?
I honestly have no idea what it is. When I changed out the combination valve, I left that off. It looked like something that might cause a leak later on. I didn't find any extra brake lines on the truck though. I will say that I believe something at one time or another was mounted on the front of the vehicle, so it might have something to do with that.

I was going to swap in one of those cylinders but a few people mentioned that in 72 either setup was common. When I got it, it had the same style master cylinder, and when I ordered a new one it was identical. Doesn't mean it is the right one though.

I changed all the rubber lines, calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, and combination valve. I didn't do all this chasing this problem, I did it because it had been sitting for so long.
87Skier is offline   Reply With Quote