Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #1362
special-K
Special Order

Re: Die-cast 67-72

I went on Ebay this weekend and got what I think is an unbelievable deal on the new black '67. I guess they're not new yet, since they don't come out till '16 . Bidding started at $1.50 a pair and he had two pair available. There was only about an hour left with no bids. Shipping for a pair was $3.15, which is reasonable compared to what I'm used to seeing. I sent him a note requesting combined shipping and went ahead and bid. I won them w/o combined shipping since he didn't have a chance to see my note. Oh well, $9.30 comes out to about $2.33 a piece so not too shabby. Then he sends a message apologizing for not seeing my request before bidding ended and gave me a $2.90 refund. So total was the same amount as both shipping charges, $6.30. That's only $.25 more for the second pair shipping and $1.58 a piece! Not bad for an early bird deal, and I was willing to wait. I was surprised no one else bid on these. I got four of them including shipping for less than what some are asking for just one before shipping. The funny thing is I hadn't been on Ebay for weeks and I know there are people who scour everyday. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am with that. I have all I need in one buy, on to the next!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-12-2015 at 06:02 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote