View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #139
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

It's been a fun few weeks here lately. On the 19th of Sept, Ratchet won his first award at a car show. Now I can bump up the price when people ask "How much?", because it is now an "Award-Winning Blazer!"

All last week we were at Cruisin' the Coast. They had a free autocross setup for registered cruisers, so I thought, What the Hell? I can do this. I found out that it is EXTREMELY addicting, and it also isn't a good idea to run a Blazer with the top on it. Now my top is tweaked a little and I am having issues getting the hatch to open and close. Oh well, I'll fix it. I brought my times down pretty consistently on every run, starting with a 53.241 and working my way down to a 46.335 in 4 runs. I made a fifth run, but apparently starved the carb for fuel and it died mid course. I don't feel I did too bad for a newbie with a stock but 4-6 dropped 45 year old Blazer, as most of the "Pro" cars were running in the 36-38 sec range. Plus, I lied on my tech card and said that my seatbelts were adequate even though I don't have any installed right now, which made me have to drive with just my right hand as, my left arm was holding onto the driver's door for dear life. I took a ride in one of the "Pro" cars, so it looks like my truck build just got a whole lot more expensive, because I am HOOKED!

The video below is of my fastest run, but is a little shaky before I leave the starting line.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-29-2017 at 11:19 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote