View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #438
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Well, you aren't kidding about how hot it is in those paint suits. So I spent Saturday finishing up sanding areas I could not reach with the truck assembled. Sunday morning cleaning the shop better than its been in years, washing the cab, bed and tailgate inside and out, wax&grease remover on same parts. Then sprayed epoxy sealer/primer on all outer surfaces that I'd been blocking (remember the leopard spots :-). The sealer went on a little grainy and the gun was apparently spitting a little. I'm thinking it was too hot at 90 degrees F to do this without reducer? Anyway, sprayed color anyway. Came out OK. Still see some light areas. Ran out of time to do clearcoat because a) working in that suit in 90 degrees all afternoon knocked me out, and b) I did not actually create a paint booth so swarms of mosquitoes came in at dusk. So, I'll have a little sanding and probably another color coat before I can do clear. Any case, this update is probably picture worthy even if the parts don't look great yet. Not going to be able to get back to this for a couple weeks so I'll need to research what I have to do to ensure the clear will still adhere well to the color.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote