View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #24
biketopia

Re: aluminum radiator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Kadian View Post
I have 2 temperature probes, one that is threaded and one that is inserted into the radiator fins. I want to run the temperature probe for the fan relay in the radiator and not the intake or heads. My threaded port on my radiator is 1/8 and my threaded port is 3/8. I bought an adapter to fit the 3/8 probe into the 1/8 port, but am concerned about it getting an accurate reading with the adapter on it. Anyone else ram an adapter like this?
I wouldn't want the probe that is responsible for triggering my fans in what is theoretically the coolest part of the cooling system loop, your engine temp might well be over 180-210, but the radiator is showing say 175 so your fans don't come on tell the engine is already over temp... Just my thoughts on the whole probe in the fins idea. Never seen a set up like that that looked good or worked well, at least for long. You're spending a bunch of time and hard earned money on your truck why skimp on something that small.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote