View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #259
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Small update..........spent the last few days buttoning up the underside before I throw the cab back on. I got the front side of my pipes mounted to the tranny cross member via some slick clamps with bearings in them. Also got my E-brake brackets figured out. I tried to use the ones supplied from Lokar but just couldn't figure out a good way to mount them. Drivers side was getting a little busy so I ended up making my own brackets and mounted them to the passenger side of the tranny and tail shaft.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Got my glass packs, 17" Brockman Mellowtones. I just have to decide what goes behind them. Either tailpipes over the rear and out the back or........I think I might cheap out for now and do some turn downs just in front of the rear.

[/URL]

I made up a small bracket and mounted it to the old original pulley holes. This will act as another mounting point for the pipes and guides for the E-brake cables. If you look close I was able to re-use (with one hell of a twist), the 2 original cable keepers mounted to the underside of the frame cross member.

[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote