View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #103
BossHogg69
motor exploder

Re: My 67 short stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperger72 View Post
Adam,

Thank for the info. Are the Hagan LEDs bright at night? Yours are Hagen LEDs, and Lambert makes basically the same lights.

Is the extra 10mm on the 345 really noticeable? It is only .393" wider.

The stance in the rear on your truck is awesome. That is what I am going for on mine, close. Is that a Mar-K rollpan?

Thanks for the help

Zach
They are just bright enough in the daylight and fairly bright at night. Of course they are under 4 coats of paint and a few coats of clear. we sprayed and tested after 2 coats of base, and decided on two additional coats.

I did the switch to 345/19's more for height than width. if you put the wheels side by side, there is a little difference in width, but the shape of the tire is a little different too. the Michelins seem a little more squared off at the shoulder. 335/345/355 all probably look the same from a rear view. I'm usually powersliding mine sideways through the first three gears, so the vaporized rubber hides the view of the tires for the most part.

Rollpan, tailgate, header panel, bed strips, latch kit, bolts and wood are all Mar-K. I used the stock bedsides and fenders, that's about it. I used their regular smooth rollpan with the license plate box, then cut the slots for the lights.

As far as the help, that's what this forum is all about! I like the way you did the back of your cab - I only welded the seam, but yours look even better with that peak rolled out the way you did it.

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote