View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #12
daddymoo2

Re: 1967 rear window mod !

I will try and take shot at explaining. First of all the rear window is real close to the panoramic window just shorter. I used new weather stripping for big back window with chrome groove (deep grove) and cut 1 corner off of the rubber.make sure cut it straight. Using the small glass fit the rest of the rubber around the glass starting with the corner that is still attached to the rubber weather strip. Then trim off the excess rubber but make sure it's not short to glue the other corner back on.(glue for rubber). When that is dried. Fit around glass make sure you like the fit. Now for the chrome. Big back window chrome for deep groove rubber. I made a wooden pattern (1/4"plywood) same size as the glass. Take the left and right chrome and bend slowly around the wood to get the right shape or radius. Trim off extra chrome just like the factory did.(notice how it looks and maybe take pictures). For the straight piece of chrome on the bottom just trim off one end.(just like the factory made). Don't forget about the corners(left and right). Assemble on the glass and see if you like the finished product. Hope this helps and take your time and be patient. Thank Don
daddymoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote